Family Law Lawyer — Portland
Attorney Samuel J. Kuzma
After growing up on a small farm in Eastern Oregon, Samuel J. Kuzma obtained a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan and a Juris Doctor from Wake Forest University School of Law in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He then returned home to take the bar exam in Oregon.
Mr. Kuzma began his legal career on the Oregon Coast, gaining experience in a variety of legal fields, including family law and criminal defense. His background in criminal defense enables him to advocate zealously on behalf of his clients and allows him to feel comfortable and confident in the courtroom.
After five years, Mr. Kuzma and his family returned to the Portland area. He worked at a large family law firm, where he assisted hundreds of clients, and continues to maintain relationships with many of those clients to this day.
In 2018, Mr. Kuzma founded Kuzma Law, LLC. Working at his own firm provides him with more flexibility and the opportunity to offer more personalized and comprehensive services to his clients. Transitioning from the mass production/factory line environment in a big firm to a more individualized style of legal representation allows Mr. Kuzma to provide higher value to his clients at lower costs, which ultimately results in better outcomes for their cases.
In his spare time, Mr. Kuzma enjoys spending time with his family, discovering new places to eat, and enjoying Shakespeare. His hobbies include the outdoors, hiking, and backpacking.
- Wake Forest University School of Law — J.D., 2006
- University of Michigan — B.A., 2002
Admission / Memberships
- Member of Oregon State Bar Association, Family Law Section — 2006-present
- Member of Multnomah Bar Association — 2006-2007, 2012-present
- Member of Washington County Bar Association — 2012-present
- Member of Oregon Academy of Family Law Practitioners — 2014-present
- Member of Oregon Trial Lawyers Association — 2019-present
- Member of Tillamook County Bar Association — 2007-2012
- Member of Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association — 2008-2012
- Member of the American Bar Association — 2004-2011
- Region 4 Delegate, Oregon State Bar, House of Delegates — 2008-2010
- Member of Portland Actors Ensemble Board of Directors — 2012-2016