During COVID-19, we're utilizing remote phone consultations and video conferences for easy access to the legal services you need.

Enforcement & Contempt Attorney — Portland

Obtaining Effective Resolutions for Family Law Disputes Involving Contempt and Enforcement in the Portland Area and Elsewhere in Oregon

In most divorce and other family law cases, the court issues an order that specifies the specific rights and obligations of all involved parties. For example, a child support order compels one parent to make monthly payments to the other to assist them with costs associated with raising the child. A parenting plan may designate with whom the child will reside, when, and under what circumstances. However, when the terms of a court order have been violated, the party accused of the violation can be held in contempt, which may result in serious consequences. Similarly, if one party believes that the other party has failed to uphold their end of the agreement, they can move the court for an enforcement of the order. If you need assistance with an enforcement or contempt issue in the Portland area or elsewhere in Oregon, contact Kuzma Law, LLC as soon as possible to get started.

Enforcing a Court Order in Oregon

If you have not received a child support payment from your child’s parent, you may worry that they have failed to honor the existing court order. Perhaps you are not spending the time with your child to which you are entitled under the parenting time provision of a judgment. With the help of your attorney, you can move the court to enforce the child support, parenting time, or other provisions of a court order you believe the other party has violated. The court will consider your request and decide whether to hold the other party in contempt. 

Facing a Contempt of Court Claim

If a judge decides that you have violated or otherwise failed to uphold the conditions of a court order, you can be held in contempt. As a result, you could face costly fines or, under some circumstances, even spend time behind bars. Matters of contempt carry serious consequences, so it is essential that you contact a skilled attorney who can help you understand your rights and your options for fighting these allegations. 

Ensuring Both Parties Abide by the Terms of a Court Order

While enforcement and contempt matters can be stressful, working with a knowledgeable family law attorney can give you the peace of mind and confidence you need during this challenging time. Attorney Samuel J. Kuzma remains committed to understanding your perspective so that he can implement a successful legal strategy that is aimed at helping you achieve your goals. Do not hesitate any longer—get in touch with Kuzma Law, LLC today to get started. 

Get Started

Enforcement & Contempt questions? Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Are you currently struggling with an enforcement or contempt legal matter in the Portland area or elsewhere in Oregon? If so, Kuzma Law, LLC is here to help. Call (503) 406-1787 to speak to a knowledgeable family law attorney who can help you secure a successful outcome.